Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Happy Place


I keep saying that my happy spot is a chair in the screen porch of our cottage. I look out on the lake, and hear the waves on the shore and immediately feel calmer and happier.  I equally love our comfy cozy, patio arm chairs but this old rocking chair was being particularly photogenic last week. This folding wooden rocking chair was in my home growing up. I really have no idea where it came from but it was always there when I was a kid.

I do meditate and I even lead relaxation based mediation sessions once in a while. I ask people to picture themselves somewhere peaceful  and to picture what is around them and what they are hearing and seeing. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean think of a real place, but I can't imagine a more wonderful location in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...