Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Boat


"Big Blue" at our dock

We have a big blue boat. My current challenge is how to get in and out of the boat at the boat launch, and how to get in and out of it on our dock at the island. Both docks are secure and don't move - but the boat sure does when you try and get in and out of it. I have been getting to the cottage over the past two years but it has involved a lot of panic on my part and muscle strain on my family's part. We have been experimenting at the therapy pool, we have been shopping for ladders at the pool store, we even looked at what the adaptive equipment store might have. There are still no good solutions.

I do want to enjoy boating again and it would sure be nice to be a little more independent.
Once I figure this out I am shopping for a Kayak or maybe a paddle boat!



From our dock to the main land shore.



Waiting patiently at the boat launch



Launching the boat






Hang on to your hat .. we are on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...